Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Workaholic Bum's Dormant Stage

I have been technically unemployed for 3 months now. I have had previous job offers which I turned down. Sometimes when you have reached a certain level in the corporate world, you tend to be really selective with your next career move. Potentially, the two companies that I have set my eyes on have both given me a positive feedback regarding my application. I just wish it didn't take forever.

Bleh.

I should consider myself lucky that I can afford to be finicky. I have been itching to work for so long that this stagnant stage is becoming the start of premature quarter-life crisis (I'm only 22...it usually starts when you turn 25). Friends have told me that there comes a point wherein you question your status in life and ask yourself: Am I doing what I really want to do? Am I truly happy?

Happiness is relative. At least to me.

Friends, cigarettes and booze have pretty much been the necessities of this phase in my life. I'm a bum, remember? It's what I do best.

*snicker*

When I'm not preoccuupied with these 3 essentials, I am usually doing one of the following:

- being the driver of a family member (hey, free gas!)
- being the driver of pretty much everybody who needs a ride (as long as I still have gas)
- being an emotional pillow of someone who's down in the dumps
- watching TV (what will I do without you? *sniff*)
- running errands for the family business (ok, I should count my blessings more and be thankful for this... but pursuing this career becomes a hindrance to my individuality)
- lying in bed forcing myself to sleep (I am immune to melatonin... it stopped working since college)

And... if I feel like it... I blog. 'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home