Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Oscars

Okay. So I'm not really a film buff. Sad to say that I have missed out on a lot of movies that I wanted to watch in my lifetime and have been trying to catch up through movie marathons. But still, there are a lot of mainstream movies that I haven't watched.

Heck. I haven't even watched Armaggedon (please don't hit me!).

Anyhoo... Despite my apathy to mainstream movies, I found myself anticipating The 78th Academy Awards yesterday.

My observation:

It was quite interesting to note that the Oscars this year featured non-mainstream movies and actors. It is not surprising that they pulled in a lot of mainstream actors such as Nicole Kidman, Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves, Dustin Hoffman, Jennifer Garner and others to present the awards.

I think it is also interesting to note Joan Rivers' comment: There were no misses this year, everybody was a hit. Hmmm... Maybe. Different strokes for different folks. I guess its also the fact that these people are celebrities and are blessed to look good even of they are wearing something drag.







Well... except maybe this one.

WTF?!?!?





I am no fashionista, but hey, I did work for a fashion catalog for 11 months. So these are my top 5 favorite looks in this year's Academy Awards.


#5: QUEEN LATIFAH

Long live the QUEEN! She's the epitome of a REAL WOMAN. I like her not really because of what she's wearing, its just because she's always cool and confident everywhere she goes. Here she sports a black strapless Carmen Marc Valvo accented by jewelry by Chopard.



#4: SALMA HAYEK

Curves, curves, curves! This is how women should look like. Exotic looks, flowing hair, and a voloptuous body to boot. I wonder if she has any insecurities... Dazzling in the red carpet, she chose this blue halter-strapped satin dress by Versace.




#3: ZIYI ZHANG (or the other way around)

Awww... She looks so cute (note: LJ is totally hetero with no lesbo tendencies whatsoever)! She's so simple yet so purty!!! She picked a winner... a strapless Swarovski cyrstal-studded dress by Giorgio Armani. I just didn't like the way the dress looked while whe was walking. But I don't care, I still like it.




#2: JESSICA ALBA

The object of guys' fantasies... I could've sworn Ryan Seacrest drooled at the sight of her. With perfectly tanned skin and a well-toned body, she couldn't go wrong with this gold halter gown by Versace. Nice jewelry too! Her chunky rings are from H. Stern.





and at #1:
KEIRA KNIGHTLEY

She didn't win best actress but she's a winner in my list. The moment I saw this one-shouldered eggplant Vera Wang dress, I knew everybody was looking at her. I like the fact that she didn't even look like she did her hair. She looked stun-ning!





Special mention to...

CHRIS "LUDACRIS" BRIDGES



Okay... so maybe I have developed a thing for black guys in suits after seeing the Oscars. Hehehe...

Nice specs too.

Thank you Giorgio Armani.






Technorati Tag:

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://yntswtwa.com/mrhq/ezux.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mgfhdgws.com/liys/igtt.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://yntswtwa.com/mrhq/ezux.html | http://ffmxbvhp.com/snux/juak.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home